Cleaning in between periods: Boil your cup in hot water for 3-5 minutes or use our cleaning bag that allows you to clean your cup in the microwave – simple, fast, and convenient!
Storage in between periods: Let your cup air-dry thoroughly before storing it. Store your cup in a breathable pouch when not in use and avoid exposing the cup to direct light and heat.
1. Clean Hands: Wash your hands thoroughly before handling the cup.
2. Fold the Cup: Fold the menstrual cup using a folding method of your choice (e.g., C-fold or punch-down fold). You can find more folding techniques here.
3. Find a Comfortable Position: Either sit on the toilet, squat, or stand with one leg raised.
4. Insert the Cup: Gently insert the folded cup into your vagina at a 45-degree angle. The cup should sit low in the vaginal canal, below the cervix.
5. Release and Rotate: Allow the cup to open fully and create a seal. Rotate the cup if needed for a secure fit.
1. Wash Hands: Again, wash your hands thoroughly before removal.
2. Relax: Relax your muscles to make removal easier.
3. Pinch the Base: Use your thumb and forefinger to pinch the base of the cup. This breaks the seal.
4. Remove Slowly: While continuing to pinch the base, pull the cup down and out at a slight angle. Be gentle and take your time.
5. Empty and Rinse: Empty the contents into the toilet, rinse the cup with water, and reinsert if needed.
- Do not use the cup for more than 12 hours at a time.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting or removing the cup.
- If the cup is damaged or smells bad, do not use it.
- If you are using an intrauterine device (IUD), there is a risk the strings can be caught between the cup and the vaginal wall, moving the IUD. Therefore, pay extra attention and break the vacuum seal before removing
- Use a water-based lubricant to avoid discomfort when inserting the cup if you are extra sensitive in the
vulvar- and/or vaginal areas.
Perfecting the technique sometimes require a bit of patience, but rest assured, we're here for you every step of the way. Feel free to reach out through our chat at www.flowcup.com for any assistance you may need.